Okay, so I got my September Birchbox a couple weeks ago, and in the interest of savoring what I have, I've been taking it kind of slow with all of the products.
For starters, I love - like really love -this month's box. It's bright and colorful and totally fits the sunny start to September and moving into autumn. My box came in teal and purple and pink - some of my favorite colors. Again, LOVE.
But what came in the box this month? Well, a lot actually. I was thrilled to be able to once again take advantage of sample choice (yay!) and finally try the Liz Earle Hot Cloth cleanser (which so far? loving!). But I'll break down my box just a bit further, starting in the top center:
- Acure Organics Day Cream - Gotu Kola Stem Cell. This stuff? Smells amazing. It's almost gingery in fragrance. The sample size is respectably large, with plenty of uses available. I've used it a couple times and love that it's moisturizing without being greasy, and guys, it's a great hand cream too. The only downside? No SPF. I add that after I let this soak in a while.
- Atelier Cologne in Vanille Insensee. I am not a huge perfume gal but I love this. Like really love. It's a wonderful fall fragrance and is warm and truly vanilla-like without being overwhelmingly sweet. I like that it's like a grown-up version of the vanilla sugar that I think many of us wore in high school, and bonus: it lasts all day.
- Davines OI/Conditioner. This is a deluxe sample, and I was really excited to get it in my box. It was another sample choice option, but not one I picked this month. The conditioner itself is rich and creamy and really does soften my hair without weighing it down (a bonus when your hair is maybe two inches long). It smells clean! As a bonus with this sample I also got foil packets of the OI/Shampoo and OI/Absolute Beautifying potion. Since I'm trying to savor my box, I haven't tried the shampoo and hair potion - yet - but I will soon! I'm excited to see how this Davines line makes my hair look and feel!
- Pixi by Petra Lip Balm. I already wrote a bit about this last week, but it's full-sized, raspberry color, and really really awesome. I like how much it softens my lips without being too much, and the color is wonderful. This totally played into my recent obsession with all things lip color, and it's super easy to apply.
- Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. Before going into the sample choice this month, I'd heard lots about this cleanser, and all of it was good. For starters it's not foamy or drying, but really smooth, like a lotion. The cotton muslin cloth that comes with it was supposed to be really good for exfoliating (a must for my combo and dry skin), and in combination it sounded like skin magic. So of course this was the first sample I opened up when my box came. And the cleanser does live up to all of the hype. It's rich without being greasy, leaves my face feeling soft and clean, and smells like eucalyptus and all sorts of good stuff. The cloth exfoliates without being too rough, and it feels like a mini spa treatment every time I use it to wash my face.
September's Birchbox was by far one of my favorites. I've only gotten four, but I really enjoyed the thought that went into putting this box together. I'm already eagerly awaiting October's box, but since I have a few weeks to wait yet, I'm going to keep enjoying what came in September's.