Okay, so I need to be a bit of a girl today.
I just want to talk about a few things that I am absolutely loving lately. Like, for realsies. Especially as I'm getting ready to run a 7k on Saturday, I kind of just want to talk about the lighter things in life, instead of focusing on how much foam rolling hurts. Because it does, but it totally does help with my IT band so I put up with it. Mostly.
But I digress - just a little. There are quite a few things I've been into this month, and narrowing it down to six was a bit of a challenge. But only a bit. You see, I like to keep it simple, and this month? My favorite things - or what I'm loving lately, is pretty simple.
- Washi Tape. I know I've talked about this before, but I still cannot stop obsessing with the stuff! I've used in my scrapbooks, journals, and even to decorate the cover of my moleskine notebook so I could tell it apart from my moleskine planner. It's just fun to use stuff!
- Simply Delish: 150 Recipes for People Who Totally Love Food. This arrived a week ago today, and well, I've already made a few recipes - and planned to make a few others in the coming week. This is a cookbook by Jessica Merchant, who writes How Sweet Eats, and the recipes are incredible. I've already made the crispy chicken tenders, and I have on the menu for next week a few things with mushrooms, thai chicken, and maybe even some cake.
- Uniball Signo Pens. So, I kind of have a pen problem. I just really really like pens. Especially gel pens or pens that come in fun colors. So it comes at no surprise that I really like the Signo pens. They write incredibly smoothly, the grips are comfortable, and I can buy them incolors like black-blue and black-purple. I mean, what's not to like?
- Benefit Gimme Brow Gel. I never was a person to fill in her brows, but I was also totally that girl who had no idea why her brows couldn't look as put-together as other women's did. Until I read this post on The Rewm about filling your brows. And then it sort of clicked and I went to Ulta and bought this stuff. Because it seemed pretty fool-proof. And it really is! It's got fibers in it that bulk up my brows a bit, and the tint helps fill them in. Because while my natural brows aren't thin? They also can be patchy. And the transformation is pretty darn awesome.
- Pixi She Butter Lip Balm. I got this in my Birchbox for September and it has not left my purse since I tried it. The tint I got (ripe raspberry) is perfect for my skin tone. It's not too soft in the tube so it goes on smoothly without feeling like it's too much, and totally makes my lips feel super soft.
- Essie Mint Candy Apple Nail Polish. Because lately, I've felt like wearing 1950s refrigerator colors on my fingernails. Pastel blues, greens, pinks - they've just been the colors making me happy! Essie is my go-to in general because it lasts a while and they seem to have an awesome selection of colors to choose from.
Okay, so that's it - for now. Thank you for letting me be girly today!