This summer, I have been trying to have fun with all of the beauty products. Lipstick, lip stain, bright nails, and of course, the new pixie cut. It's all really fun, and I'm finding that there are several products I've been going to over and over, along with a new product that I am just LOVING.
So, I thought I'd share with you my favorite beauty and makeup products today. It's summer - why not have some fun with makeup?
Clockwise from top left
- Bold nailpolish. I really love the summer shades released every year - they're so unique and different from the norm. Currently, I'm into watermelon pink, mint green, and all of the blues - and so much glitter! I'm not a brand loyalist, per se, but lately I've been really into Essie brand specifically, over Orly bonder basecoat. I notice the polish holds up really well, and most of my manis last about a week before they start chipping.
- Bare Minerals powder foundation. This is my go-to for everyday foundation. I really want to try their new serum, but right now I'm sticking with powder. It's lightweight, I'm familiar with it, and it's easy to apply. I love that it makes my skin look like my skin, but better. A huge bonus for me is that the foundation is SPF 15, and my mineral veil? Well, I chose the one with SPF 25. It's a little extra sun protection for my day-to-day life, without being too heavy.
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. I tend toward classic makeup looks and favor neutrals. Partly because they're easy and safe choices. While I love trying new things, my everyday eyeshadows are typically found in this versatile pallette. It's got a great selection of taupes and browns, good highlight shades, and the perfect shades for a smoky eye. The brush that comes with the palette is pretty good, though I'm not picky about my brushes. I do use other brushes depending on what look I'm going for, and I can go from night to day with the colors in this versatile neutral collection.
- Stila Smudge Stick eyeliner. I started using this liner during our trip to Chicago last month and fell in love with it the first time I put it on. This eyeliner is smooth and easy to put on, and as the name suggests, really easy and fun to smudge for the perfect smoky eye or other dramatic eye look. I like that it allows me to blend and smudge it, but will set quickly for days I want a soft and controlled line. Once the liner is set, it's there to stay until you take it off, and the water resistance is no joke.
- Lipcolor. I developed a small love for lip color while planning my wedding. Lately I've worn color more days than I haven't, and my purse is kind of full of various tinted balms and lipsticks. I love sheer tinted balms for days when I just want a hint of extra color. When I'm feeling bolder, I reach for richer colors, like my Fresh Sugar balm, lipstick, or pink lip crayon. It's a great way for me to add some extra color to my look while feeling put-together to start the day. I really want to try this season's orange lip trend, and have been eyeing quite a few shades at the store lately.
- Glass Nail File. Here, I have it pictured in its protective case because it kept blending in with my background, but my glass file is AMAZING. It's got a smooth etched surface that is really easy on my nails and gets them filed way faster than a traditional emery board. The protective case keeps it safe in my purse, and it's really pretty, too. Mine is from Sephora and was a gift, and it's become one of my most-used beauty tools. I'm totally won over and love filing and shaping my nails with this great tool
My beauty products are pretty basic, but I love using them. There are days I go without makeup, weeks I go sans nail polish, and times when I just want some moisturizer and mascara and am good to go. There are SO many beauty products out there that I want to try. So after ogling and hemming and hawing for quite a while, I finally decided to sign up for Birchbox. I get my first box in July and cannot wait to start discovering even more new products.