I'm trying something new this week - kind of a "week in review" sort of post, but more like a snapshot of what I've been into throughout the week, or lately, or even just today.
1. These Smoky Grilled Chicken Pitas by How Sweet Eats are kind of the bomb dot com. I. Am. Obsessed. They combine every. single. one. of my cravings. Briny. Smoky. Chicken. Delicious. I think I've eaten these four times this week and I'm sad that my leftovers are all gone!
2. Taste of Belgium chicken and waffle? Also amazing. This meal was courtesy the Taste of Belgium stand at the ballpark. Sweet, savory, spicy, salty. Noticing a theme?
3. My latest book pick has been Notes from a Blue Bike by Tsh Oxenrider. I like the discussions of living mindfully, and she has quite the way with words.
4. I've been hardcore into grapefruit and cran-raspberry La Croix sparkling water lately. I've wanted flavored fizzy stuff, and well, my weird pregnancy aversion has been sweetened sodas. Enter La Croix (and OK, OK, Limonata Pellegrino). It's not sweet, but it hits that nice, fizzy flavored spot. And keeps my hydrated to boot!
5. Also? If you're not watching "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver," you totally need to be. He's hilarious and his stories are truly thought-provoking - being a little more longer-form than what you might expect from satire news.
That's my summary there. I think this coming week may be the week of trashy movies and lots of leftovers!